The present continuous tense (also called present progressive) is formed using the subject, a conjugated form of the verb be (am, is, are), and a main verb ending in -ing. It describes actions happening right now, temporary situations, or fixed future plans.
Sentence Structures:
* Affirmative (+): Subject + am/is/are + verb-ing
*
* Example: She is reading a book.
*
* Negative (-): Subject + am/is/are + not + verb-ing
*
* Example: They are not (aren't) playing soccer.
*
* Interrogative (?): Am/Is/Are + subject + verb-ing?
*
* Example: Are you listening?
*
Core Uses and Examples:
* Action happening right now:
* I am writing an email right now.
* Look! The dog is running in the yard.
*
* Temporary situation:
* He is staying at a hotel this week.
* My car is broken, so I am taking the bus to work lately.
*
* Future arrangement:
* We are visiting our grandparents tomorrow.
* She is meeting her boss at 2:00 PM
*
Examples:
I’m: I’m not
You’re: You’re not
She’s wearing shoes: she’s not
It’s snowing: it’s not.
We’re: we’re not
They’re: They’re not
You aren’t
She isn’t
It isn’t
We aren’t
They aren’t
You wanna learn more about this topic?馃摎
Go to the link in our bio.馃摎✏️
We have schedules available for teaching virtual english classes for more details DM US.馃摎馃懇馃彨
#Reading #Practicing #Learning #virtualclassrooms #easyenglish #LetsLearnEnglishTogether #creativeenglishteacher #teacherlife #teacherpam #letsgo
馃摎馃懇馃彨✏️馃崕
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario