A relative pronoun is a word that connects a clause to a noun to give more information about it.
At an intermediate (B1) level, you use relative pronouns to join two ideas and avoid repeating words.
Main Relative Pronouns:
Who: Used for people (subject or object).
Example: The man who lives next door is nice.
Which: Used for things and animals.
Example: The car which is red is fast.
That: Used for people, things, or animals; very common in spoken English.Example: The book that I read was good.
Whose: Used to show possession (belonging) for people and animals.Example: The girl whose dog ran away is sad.
Where / When (B1 Adverbs): Used for places and times.Example: The park where we played.
Key B1 RulesDefining Clauses:
B1 focuses on essential information. You need the clause to understand which person or thing the speaker means.
Omitting the Pronoun: You can leave out who, which, or that when it is the object of the sentence.
Example: The shirt [that] I bought is blue. (You can drop "that" because "I" is the subject).
As the subject of a clause:
Example:
I like people who/that aren’t too serious.
I like people who/that have a good sense of humor.
As the object of a clause:
Example:
I want someone who/that I can have fun
With.
I’d like someone who/that I can talk to easily.
You wanna learn more about this topic?馃摎
Go to the link in our bio.馃摎✏️
We have schedules available for teaching virtual english classes for more details DM US.馃摎✏️
#Reading #Practicing #learningenglish
#virtualclassrooms #LetsLearnEnglishTogether #teacherlife
#easyenglish #creativeenglishteacher
#teacherpam #Letsgo 馃摎✏️馃崕馃懇馃彨
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario